Black and Red 7 50%
Black Pattern No votes 0%
Pink Pattern 1 7.1%
Red, White, Blue Spiral 1 7.1%
Blue Spiral 3 21.4%
Black Solid 2 14.3%
Red Solid No votes 0%
Blue Solid No votes 0%
Total number of voters:14 ( Joker808 Sulseeker Psyberian Geekgurl Ghostwalker Cpt_Kangaroo smileslikeaskull SmoothAwper thegreatpeon Eadmanday Batmantha kamiyama Matlockk Chaospope )
Only registered users can participate to this poll

TOPIC: PDXLAN 26 Shirt Poll

Re: PDXLAN 26 Shirt Poll 2 years, 1 month ago #24892

• Eadmanday
  • Administrator
I like the idea of the camp work shirt. Although, going to play devils advocate here.

If we choose to go that route with the shirts the cost does go up, For a lot of people that is a good amount of money that would be spent on shirts. Not saying it wont be worth it but once you start getting up into the $50 dollars mark it just adds on to weekend cost. The main reason i bring this up is we might be segmenting people just based on Tshirt Costs. I like the idea of keeping costs down as much as possible so we can encourage more people match during the weekend activities.. At the same time we want everyone to be happy

I like the Black and Red options
dark colored Tie die not bad as a second.
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ghostwalker

Re: PDXLAN 26 Shirt Poll 2 years ago #25041

• Gov
  • Gold Boarder
Thread necro here - has there been any decision on the shirts? I'd like to know because whatever I get takes some lead time. It it gets tight, shipping can cost more than the shirts.
Meddle not in the affaires of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with SALSA-Q! But then again, doesn't EVERYTHING?

Re: PDXLAN 26 Shirt Poll 2 years ago #25044

My bad for not keeping tabs on this. The winners of the poll were the Black and Red and the Blue Spiral. That being said, several people have brought up good points about our shirt selection for this year.

I think it's a little late in the game to make big changes like going to the snazzy bowling shirt ideas, but that is something that we could definitely discuss at PDXLAN 26 for future PDXLAN events. Although, with the increased costs of the bowling shirts, we might want to just pick up 1.

Gov brings up a good point about the special shirt designs not being available in all sizes which breaks up the group look.

Geekgurl brings up another good point about being able to wear the shirts after the event.

These are all things that I'll try to keep in mind for next year, but, for now, we're just waiting on input from Joker on end cost for the chosen shirts.

Re: PDXLAN 26 Shirt Poll 2 years ago #25045

• Sulseeker
  • Destroyer of Chairs
Thank you Peon for bringing up those points.

What i need to know is if anyone is dead set on getting the Blue Spiral Tie-dye shirt. I'll admit it seemed like a good idea on paper to me, but after talking to many of you about it, it's seems like no one wants to be the voice of dissent... so I will.

If the 7 of you who voted for the Blue Spiral Tie-dye shirt PM me so we can discuss this, please do so. Otherwise, I vote we go for a solid color (even the same shade of blue is fine) going forward. Mind you, PDXLAN26 is 2.5 months away. We need to get the shirts ordered now so joker has enough time to get the silk-screening done before the event.

I'd like to get this thread wrapped up by May 8th so we can get it finalized, everyone happy (or at least content) and swing into PDXLAN as the kickass group we always are.

one more thing to note, I don't know where Joker is on his house purchase/moving/etc. so much of this is on if he can get it done in time too... so we have that to think about. Joker, what say you?

Re: PDXLAN 26 Shirt Poll 2 years ago #25047

One thing to mention is that in the original thread Joker said:

Joker808 wrote:
We can get all sizes, yes.

So hopefully that counts for everyone and we won't have to worry about breaking up the color for the group. The quote was in response to a request for children's sizes, though.

Personally, I like the Blue Spiral and voted for it, but it's not a deal breaker one way or the other. I wear all the PDXLAN shirts on a regular basis as undershirts cause they're just so comfy, but I can see why you wouldn't wear some of the more festive ones on a regular basis.

Re: PDXLAN 26 Shirt Poll 2 years ago #25048

• Geekgurl
  • WVG Mom
Here is my input for the ordeal...

Tie-dye vs the Camp Shirt :

There is a handful of people who DO not want either... Some for fashion reasons and some for money reasons... I would say we need to scrap both at this moment... There is a sense of community here within WVG and Pride of who we are so I think it would be nice to go back to shirt choices that reflect a group feel with out making people feel uncomfortable.

By way of sizes being available for all... This is NOT true. Yes he can get sizes for kids, but we would like to make sure Gov for example can get his shirts ordered in a decent time period so Shipping doesn't cost him a arm and a leg. Also asking him to match some of the crazier options for shirts seems very silly.

I have no problem if this tie-dye kick need to happen and if it does then the black/red one is the ONE tie-dye there should be... It is not completely out of the box and people can feel like they still have their tie-dye. As for the Blue Spiral. THIS one I feel will be pushing people out of the desire to want to get the shirt. I have heard from quite a few people not real pleased with this option asking if they "Had to get it"

We would like to arrive looking like an amazing massive mob of color. However we don't want people to feel uncomfortable and dreading the representation of the group.

Another thing to consider with the blue tie-dye is how well with that show the screen print and names and what not... Seems like it would just fade away in to the business of the shirt.

*Shrugs*

I guess at this point we need to have some input from the SHIRT GURU... Joker... Please let us know what you are thinking, can we change to a more reasonable option!!!

Re: PDXLAN 26 Shirt Poll 1 year, 12 months ago #25051

• Eadmanday
  • Administrator
looks like you guys have it figured out. I believe we should do one Tie dye and one solid color.

If I can help anyone let me know.

Re: PDXLAN 26 Shirt Poll 1 year, 12 months ago #25055

• Joker808
  • Administrator
Reading and I did not see that this thread had been updated.

I like the bowler shirts and yes, it would be more expensive. I have been moving and really dropping balls, so I apologize.

It might be a solid idea to wear a previous shirt from a previous PDX as a throwback and mull the options over a bit.

I have a T shirt in every color at this point and though I do like the mass appeal, we might be coming to the end of the usefullness of a Shirt each year.

What do people think about Gold on black using real gold foil and not mention which PDX it's for, and a bowler style shirt next year? More planning will yield better results at this point, I think.

But I can do..
I am cando man.
Last Edit: 1 year, 12 months ago by Joker808.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ghostwalker

Re: PDXLAN 26 Shirt Poll 1 year, 12 months ago #25056

• Geekgurl
  • WVG Mom
I think waiting to possibly do the Camp shirt next year would be wise... Allow people to save up and do some better pre-planning for that.

By way of Throw back... I have some concerns with that. First of all we Kinda do that already. Everyone wears previous years shirts on Monday and we come in like a Rainbow of WVG. Secondly we have some new comers this year. There are at least 3 people who have never been nor would have Retro shirt to participate in this.

I am down for the black with gold writing. I would then like to have one tasteful color shirt to go with that.

Maybe we can do the black with gold and run a last minute poll with 2-3 color choices. Scrap ALL the Tie-dye options. Yes, no, maybe?!?!?

No matter what we do we need to pick soon so Gov can get his order in to allow for time on shipping with out jacking up the cost on him too!!!

Re: PDXLAN 26 Shirt Poll 1 year, 12 months ago #25057

• Joker808
  • Administrator
The 3 or so can become a newb and get their wings.. I don't think that's a barrier, unless you do.

I'll find out about Gold and let you know.

Re: PDXLAN 26 Shirt Poll 1 year, 12 months ago #25060

• Gov
  • Gold Boarder
thegreatpeon wrote:

Joker808 wrote:

<snip>.

No, Joker can't. The last summer PDXLAN i made I had to ORDER shirts from another place and ship to Joker. This was for the black and red T-shirts. His vendor (Gildan) goes to 5x for most colors. I'm bigger than that. I'll have to order a shirt for the PDXLAN shirt as well. Not many places can deal with a person my size. Simple as that.
Meddle not in the affaires of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with SALSA-Q! But then again, doesn't EVERYTHING?

Re: PDXLAN 26 Shirt Poll 1 year, 12 months ago #25061

• Geekgurl
  • WVG Mom
Gov wrote:
thegreatpeon wrote:

Joker808 wrote:

<snip>.

No, Joker can't. The last summer PDXLAN i made I had to ORDER shirts from another place and ship to Joker. This was for the black and red T-shirts. His vendor (Gildan) goes to 5x for most colors. I'm bigger than that. I'll have to order a shirt for the PDXLAN shirt as well. Not many places can deal with a person my size. Simple as that.

The all sizes was referring to a question about being able to get child sizes... Talked with Joker last night and we are working out the kinks here and will hopefully have you an answer SOON for your shirt order Gov!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eadmanday

Re: PDXLAN 26 Shirt Poll 1 year, 11 months ago #25066

• Gov
  • Gold Boarder
Geekgurl wrote:
Gov wrote:
thegreatpeon wrote:

Joker808 wrote:

<snip>.

The all sizes was referring to a question about being able to get child sizes... Talked with Joker last night and we are working out the kinks here and will hopefully have you an answer SOON for your shirt order Gov!!!!

it's only that when people see "Joker can get all sizes" I get nervous. No negativity here. I know I'm "out of the norm" in size, and just like "one size fits all", "he can get any size" makes me twitch. Thanks for helping out with this Geekgurl!
Last Edit: 1 year, 11 months ago by Gov.

Re: PDXLAN 26 Shirt Poll 1 year, 11 months ago #25068

• Joker808
  • Administrator
Okay, I confirmed that I can get Gold foil names heat pressed. I can re-work the logo to do it in foil as well or I can do the chest logo in ink and keep the fade. The fade will not be as clear as the foil, and will fade over washing. The foil might eventually come off. Those are options, though.
Here's a quick mockup, it would be goldier, though
Attachments:
Last Edit: 1 year, 11 months ago by Joker808.

Re: PDXLAN 26 Shirt Poll 1 year, 11 months ago #25070

• Sulseeker
  • Destroyer of Chairs
That looks like copper (and sexy as fuck actually!)

Re: PDXLAN 26 Shirt Poll 1 year, 11 months ago #25071

• Gov
  • Gold Boarder
Sulseeker wrote:
That looks like copper (and sexy as fuck actually!)

It does look great as shown! And Joker - "goldier"?

Re: PDXLAN 26 Shirt Poll 1 year, 11 months ago #25077

• Joker808
  • Administrator
Yeah, I didn't have a gold gradient on my machine here at work so I used a default copper one.

If we like that, we can do that on black and then white on the other?
Gotta keep it moving.. time is not waiting for us

Re: PDXLAN 26 Shirt Poll 1 year, 11 months ago #25080

• Eadmanday
  • Administrator
I love this Idea!!! Lets do it!

Re: PDXLAN 26 Shirt Poll 1 year, 11 months ago #25084

• Joker808
  • Administrator
So Gold on black and a white on black?

Re: PDXLAN 26 Shirt Poll 1 year, 11 months ago #25087

• Psyberian
  • Platinum Boarder
Ok, don't want to throw a wrench in the works here, but how about dark green and gold?
If life gives you lemons, DON'T MAKE LEMONADE! MAKE LIFE TAKE THE LEMONS BACK!
Moderators: Drykk
Time to create page: 0.35 seconds
Turn off/on Sound Smileys History FAQ Kide Chat
Psyberian: For the guys not on facebook. Some of us are looking at the Nov LAN
Geekgurl: Time to Vote for shirts!!! GO GO GO!
Cpt.spike: Never mind i got a copy from my dad
Joker808: ooh colors
Joker808: fun
Joker808: Goo idea Spike.. ya never know. Offering to mow a lawn or two in exchange is always fair, too.
Cpt.spike: Hey If anyone gets a copy of Battle Field 1 and will never play it of just has a extra can you keep me in mind?
Psyberian: For those not into 'the facebooks' I put a question there if people want to see Doctor Strange the Thursday before the LAN.
Joker808: PVZ GW2
sirjakeyjake: What's everyone playing tonight?
Psyberian: Should we start thinking about shirts for November?
Joker808: yes, am cricket.
Eadmanday: wait your a cricket Joker?
Joker808: yes?
Eadmanday: crickets!!! Hey all !
Joker808: thank you :D
Geekgurl: Seat transfers are starting now!
Geekgurl: 37 SEATS ARE RESERVED
Ghostwalker: Can't freakin' wait! ^_^
Geekgurl: 37 seats Paid in full Folks!!!!
Geekgurl: IMPORTANT EMAIL SENT RE: LANREG. Please check your email!! Notify me if you do not get the email!!!
Geekgurl: FRIDAY!!! This means TOMORROW!!!! Cut off is fast approaching!!!!
Psyberian: well vectorlan is a go
Geekgurl: NOVEMBER 4-6, $67 Email being sent out. Payments and info GO GO GO!!!!
Joker808: woot for loot
Cpt.spike: Hey Can someone msg me a code for pvz gw 2?
zubzero2: Account is back up..
Joker808: Yes.. shirts for sure if we want something a bit diff this year. Also booking rooms.
Psyberian: Just a heads up. We need to start thinking about the November PDXLAN
Joker808: BL 1 anyone?
Flutters: ...all the time, and I'll be happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats
Gov: Ho ho, ha ha, to the funny farm, where life is beautiful!
Flutters: they are coming to take me away haha!
Gov: Rhyming may be fun, but it might just bring out the men in the white jackets, with the butterfly (or Flutterby) nets
Flutters: Rhyming is fun!
Eadmanday: C and whats with the all the words that sound the same!!!

Only registered users can send messages, register or login

Who's online

None
 TTlogo