Username Password: Remember me

PDXLAN Nov Post-opinions thread
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: PDXLAN Nov Post-opinions thread

PDXLAN Nov Post-opinions thread 5 months, 3 weeks ago #25881

• spiketail
  • Administrator
To all our PDXLAN November attendees and any who couldn't make it, chat up your opinions!

Let the conversation flow and help decide if we want to do the cool, chill November PDXLAN again next year or sweat it out at another Summer PDXLAN. Maybe we want a WVG day pre- or post- PDXLAN? Or just a time to hangout before/after the PDXLAN festivities in Eugene or Portland or somewhere else?

I don't know and we'd love to hear everyone's thoughts on the matter!

Facebook or here in the forums, let it be heard!
Battle.net: Spiketail#1828

The following user(s) said Thank You: Eadmanday

Re: PDXLAN Nov Post-opinions thread 5 months ago #25882

• Joker808
  • Administrator
I appreciate the topic and I gotta say that I'm on the fence. The weather, though a bit dreary was much nicer than sweating it out. I liked bringing my own seat and I liked the lack of distracting presentations.

I did also feel that the compressed schedule and my commitments on Friday did cut the fun short. I would like a longer event so that I can blow it up, get rid of the hangover and blow it up again.

Smiles and I could have had a lot more opportunities to blast each other and be blasted if it was 3 days.

I didn't get to find out what was going on with more of you this time.. that sucked. I would like the extra day to get in touch a bit more to know that you're all well and hear about the positives (negatives as well, but those are fewer) and carry that with me through the winter months.

I didn't get a good sense of the newer members of WVG either and there are some really cool people, Shonenrek, Mikfoz... These are just the guys on my table.. and I didn't meet the others, so yeah, there was a missed opportunity had we had another day.

I would opt for never doing another Nov as a group. Individually hell yeah for those close enough, but as a group of people that I miss, I'd like more time and more immersion. I think we should storm the Summer Lan this year, then maybe Feb. Maybe July is the best time for us.

I have to mention that I missed the prize boat this year and was not aware how the tickets worked. I feel like I was the exception since many WVG folks cleaned up.. from $400 vid cards, to $2500 laptops (Drykk).. wow that was a great haul and all for such a great cause. I'll throw my hat in the ring for this next year as the guy going to all of them that I can.
~J
Last Edit: 5 months ago by Joker808.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eadmanday
  • Page:
Moderators: Drykk
Time to create page: 0.12 seconds
Turn off/on Sound Smileys History FAQ Kide Chat
Psyberian: For the guys not on facebook. Some of us are looking at the Nov LAN
Geekgurl: Time to Vote for shirts!!! GO GO GO!
Cpt.spike: Never mind i got a copy from my dad
Joker808: ooh colors
Joker808: fun
Joker808: Goo idea Spike.. ya never know. Offering to mow a lawn or two in exchange is always fair, too.
Cpt.spike: Hey If anyone gets a copy of Battle Field 1 and will never play it of just has a extra can you keep me in mind?
Psyberian: For those not into 'the facebooks' I put a question there if people want to see Doctor Strange the Thursday before the LAN.
Joker808: PVZ GW2
sirjakeyjake: What's everyone playing tonight?
Psyberian: Should we start thinking about shirts for November?
Joker808: yes, am cricket.
Eadmanday: wait your a cricket Joker?
Joker808: yes?
Eadmanday: crickets!!! Hey all !
Joker808: thank you :D
Geekgurl: Seat transfers are starting now!
Geekgurl: 37 SEATS ARE RESERVED
Ghostwalker: Can't freakin' wait! ^_^
Geekgurl: 37 seats Paid in full Folks!!!!
Geekgurl: IMPORTANT EMAIL SENT RE: LANREG. Please check your email!! Notify me if you do not get the email!!!
Geekgurl: FRIDAY!!! This means TOMORROW!!!! Cut off is fast approaching!!!!
Psyberian: well vectorlan is a go
Geekgurl: NOVEMBER 4-6, $67 Email being sent out. Payments and info GO GO GO!!!!
Joker808: woot for loot
Cpt.spike: Hey Can someone msg me a code for pvz gw 2?
zubzero2: Account is back up..
Joker808: Yes.. shirts for sure if we want something a bit diff this year. Also booking rooms.
Psyberian: Just a heads up. We need to start thinking about the November PDXLAN
Joker808: BL 1 anyone?
Flutters: ...all the time, and I'll be happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats
Gov: Ho ho, ha ha, to the funny farm, where life is beautiful!
Flutters: they are coming to take me away haha!
Gov: Rhyming may be fun, but it might just bring out the men in the white jackets, with the butterfly (or Flutterby) nets
Flutters: Rhyming is fun!
Eadmanday: C and whats with the all the words that sound the same!!!

Only registered users can send messages, register or login

Who's online

None
 TTlogo